Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Things Are Looking Up!

These last few weeks had been a little, well, shaky. Everyone, (me especially) had been cranky and stressed as a general rule, and I was really having a hard time staying motivated for my exams next week. But the last week has definitely been one of the best I can remember of high school.

- Prom - everything I dreamed it could be! Looking great, being with my friends, sunrise, breakfast, all of it was fantastic.
- My friends are happy - I'm really excited for Blair and Laura, she is much with the nice and pretty, and Emma finally has the boyfriend she deserves.
- My history award - I know this sounds cheesy, but I really was very honored to get it. I seriously felt like I was about to cry when Ms. Tucker was talking about it, but luckily I realized the gayness rating of that would far exceed legal limits. So I smiled and took my award (and presents! I was the only one to get presents! Three really awesome sounding books!) I know this whole speil sounds pretentious, but I've worked really hard in that class for the last two years, and I really am very passionate about it, and having the people you are working for recognize that... well, it's neat.
- Exams - that award really gave me the kick in the butt I needed to become super-motivated to do well next week! Here's to 7's in English and History! Here's to passing math and bio! Spanish.... uh, Spanish!

I'm ready!

0 comments: