Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2009 is Flying By!II

I'm following a suggestion to look back at my New Year's Resolutions, check around my silly little life, and see what's going on in it!


These were my resolutions in December:
- Maybe start another blog, one meant for the public eye, an editorial on current international events. I think this would be a great way for me to take my major and make it into my passion! (August - Ok, so I didn't do international events, but Wax Cylinders is bringing me big bundles of happy!)

- Spend more time in the city (Aug - could still use more work here!)

- Go to at least one campus event a week (Aug - I didn't really work on that last year, but since I don't live in the dorms anymore, I want to make this a priority!)

- Keep a diary again (Aug - Total fail. I swear I'll keep trying tho, it's important to me!)

- Learn to like black coffee (Aug- Yeah, this one is nixed. Don't like it, won't like it.)

- Rediscover cello (Aug - I did this really well last quarter, lots of cello progress! This summer, on the other hand...)

- Eat one meal a day vegetarian (Aug - This will prolly start when I start living with my veggie-head alli!)

- Find some new bands, and a new direction in music (Aug - I could stand to shake things up a little more, I'd say!)

- Get away from jeans (Aug - I was a little too good at this... until my shopping trip on Saturday, I only had two pairs of jeans - and they were the same jeans.)

Ok, so let's see what new stuff I want around for the remainder of this crazy year!
Mid Year Resolutions!
- Work my ass off at Russian. I'm going to be living there in almost exactly a year, I do NOT want to sound like an idiot!

- Work as much as I can, and SAVE SAVE SAVE $! (Also with Russia in mind!)

- Live a happier life at school this year than I did last year. More friends and more fun!

- Get over this 'shy girl' nonsense. I never considered myself shy until someone told me I was, but once that happened it got way worse. I want to be life of the party girl!

- In addition to keeping a better diary, I want to blog more on here. You guys should know what's up!

- Keep in better touch with the CU and SEP crowds. I love you all big time!

- Do my best work on Wax Cylinders, the DU Democrats Blog, and my DU admissions blog!

0 comments: