Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I just discovered a lake behind my house

Okay, well technically I knew about the lake already. But you can walk to it and there is a dock right here I never knew about. The moon is so so bright tonight, its like there is a spotlight behind me. Its also surprising how fast these waves come in. Call me a city girl, but it never even occured to me that lakes had waves. Anyway. This dock is a little cement ramp, about as big as two of these picnic blankets I'm sitting on now. Its not even cold. Windy and bright more than anything else. Walking up to it, it just looks like a big missing thing where the lake is. Like a big black hole. Its nifty. Really, more than anything else I'm wishing I was here with someone. Well technically I am, but not anyone really. My sister, yeah, but shes pretty busy with Lauren, lauren's interest, and an ex-hook up of mine to emphasize the isolate. Right now I'm thinking of the people I wouldve liked to have brought here. People I knew or people I don't know anymore, at least enough to show them this. Really what this is all highlighting is that I'm leaving home soon. If someone comes along, next year, I won't be at home. I won't have anything, just of my own, to show them. Either that is really sad, or its kinda, hopeful. They won't have anything, either, which makes we will all have to make new things to be ours, find new "lakes" and places. I hope at least that I can find a way to stay this sappily romantic, anyway.

2 comments:

titothegreat said...

though i am not the someone you are hoping will come along, i would like to point out that this is probably one of the more romantic things i've ever seen, and i will gladly marry you if you're bored with your other options.

love,
your beloved bff,
emma

Lane Abshire said...

if you're sappy and romantic after high school there's a good bet you'll be so forever!

and although i'm staying in state i envy your chance for adventure

basically you shouldn't be afraid because you'll be fine so long as you're not too afraid to live, which i'm sure you're not!