Wednesday, December 03, 2008

From a Facebook Note of Note

1. I can't imagine a food more disgusting than quiche. Except maybe bell peppers.

2. Though I usually really hate commercials, I like practically all of the Christmas themed ones. Even if they just play a Christmas carol in the background.

3. I'm bad at living in the moment. I'm pretty past-oriented. Pros - Lots of memories, I stay in touch with people for a long time. Cons - I can get wrapped up in trying to make something into a memory as it is happening, which means I don't enjoy it as much as I could, also I tend to hold grudges too long.

4. The very lowest score I have ever gotten on anything was a 32% on a test on trigonometry in my Math Studies class Junior year. (Looking past the 0%s I got on the homework I didn't do) On a separate note, this is the very first time, ever, I have had higher than a 3.5 GPA. It's a 4.0 now!

5. I have played cello for twelve years. I am embarrassed when I tell people this, because it makes people think I am good, which I'm not.

6. I probably judge people a little too much based on their music interests.

7. I did not dislike middle or high school in any significant way, and I think that makes me an outlier. No one really dislikes elementary school, at least in hindsight.

8. I am truly terrified of moray eels.

9. Even though it has gotten me in trouble a couple times in the past, that doesn't stop me from continuing to post things I shouldn't to the internet.

10. I do not like any drugs. I like drinks. But I never want more than four of anything.

11. If I accidentally leave my iPod on in my purse for a few hours, I will reset the play counts on the songs that mistakenly got played. Likewise, I get mad if people skip a song on my iPod at the very end, so that it does not get a play count.

12. You know how in the fourth Harry Potter book, Hermione tells Harry he has a 'saving people thing'? Yeah, I have that. It doesn't work out like I wish it would about half the time, when it just comes off as being nosy. They're probably right, in those cases.

13. I really really hate losing friends. I know that sounds like #3, but it's a pretty big part of me. I will go to pretty extreme lengths to try to hold a friendship together or stay in touch with people if they move away, and I'm really upset if I fail at that.

14. I am going to try really hard to be an SEP counselor this summer, because its still the most important place in my life.

15. I have made a very conscious effort this quarter to delete the part of my personality that made me gossipy and quick to dislike in high school. I believe it has made me a happier person.

16. I tend to over-indulge. As you may have noticed. (I bet most people answer this note with things like 'I went to Moore Middle School" or "my favorite color is purple." I should be less annoying in these. Sorry.)

0 comments: