Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Summer, as Haley says, has a way of messing things up. It can make your brain turn off, leave you to your instincts... Summer knows a brain is the best way to confuse your heart. Under the stars with him, I rushed back to the way things were when they first began. That first connection was gone as quickly as it came, only to resurface at the unlikeliest of times. Everything I felt at first I felt now. The desire to be close to him was quelled by the fear that nothing would make sense after the stars were gone. So instead I decided to be a ghost in the moment instead of living in it. It was a photo album that I was already reminiscing over. The Past in the Present. I watched him in his reflection in the dark glass knowing I would remember that same reflection a hundred times more. I listened to his voice, knowing the words and stories that it formed would be the first thing to fade. Anything tangible would. But the voice, the reflection, the stars, the wind, my simultaneous love and disappointment will stay as that night.

1 comments:

ponynamedfrancis said...

I can now understand why Emma beat you up...SHAME!!!!!! MORE SHAME!!!!! STOP THAT!!