Saturday, January 27, 2007

Old Habits Die Hard...

1. It's not an ideal situation, but I'm really excited for where it'll end up. You're going to be really happy. You deserve it.
2. The only place worse than where you used to be is where you are now. And I can't think of anyone who deserves it less.
3. I used to want to be you. Now I can't sleep because I am.
4. You aren't going to notice (I wouldn't either, it's not something you think about then) so she's going to have to tell you. Take her seriously, and try to understand. You will, I'm not worried.
5. I'm scared, but you're worth it.
6. You haven't done anything wrong. / I know you too well to mistake caution for animosity.
7. Are you okay? I actually do care, even if that seems weird.
8. I know you wanted it too, even though it was just a little. I can read you like Hooked on Phonics.
9. Why didn't you practice more? That was kind of embarrassing.
10. If it's any consolation (and I know it's not) I kind of hate myself for it, and I feel almost as guilty as I do happy.
11. In some ways, I trust you more than anyone.
12. I disappoint you. I didn't used to. I even disappoint myself now.
13. I'm not cut out for this.
14. It's time. You don't need it anymore. But I understand that for a long time you did.
15. How dare you. Seriously.

3 comments:

titothegreat said...

you are not her.

Jakob said...

hmmm... I wonder if I am involved at all here... I kinda hope I'm not.

Anonymous said...

Kayla. We're in desperate need of a talking. Send me messages telling me when your off hours are, and I'll come by the school sometime when I'm off work and Sam's around.
...D.