Monday, January 14, 2008

15 fellows

1. I saw this coming a mile away, and believe me, I really wanted to stop it from happening. But how do you tell someone something like that? You can't and its terrible, because I would've done anything to keep you from ever being hurt, ever. No one deserves it less.
2. You sure did 180. When I first met you, I really thought all the other guys in town had a thing or two to learn from you. Turns out, the only thing anyone should learn from you is how to self-destruct and lose your perfect girlfriend and all your friends by being a lying asshole. Funny how that can sometimes happen.
3. You. There have only been two of you, and you were in some ways the most intense. I've never figured you out, and it bugs me that you dangled it in front of me and then did your famous disappearing act. I know things aren't radically different now from how they've been all year, but they feel like it. More un-bridgable. That's thanks to her of course.
4. I just thought of you totally randomly. I don't remember very much, but I do remember your eyes were grey, we listened to nirvana on your discman as ipods hadn't been invented yet, you went to the dance with a girl named Shae. Also, since I met you in the summer between 8th and 9th grade, you were the first boy I flirted with and you've got a couple other firsts too. What's become of you, I wonder. How odd that I used to know you but now we both still exist.
5. I hope things work out for you. I don't think you are fake like everyone else, I think you just have a genuinely hard time with things we all take for granted. But I think you are genuinely kind too.
6. I met you in a very impressionable time, so you came to represent everything I thought high school would be. You were such a... I don't know, a 'concept person,' if that makes any sense. Meeting you really changed my life. Hell, you were even my first kiss. (I will never get over how weird that is.) When you left, I learned about injustice for the first time. It was a big deal to fight something so hard and lose. I think we all took something away from that. I have no doubt that my life, I, would be drastically different if you had never left. We do miss you a lot, sometimes.
7. Break up with the hagfish already! Or should I say catfish. All of us remember some pretty great times with you, we would like to have some more before we graduate!
8. Man, you have a history of making me hella confused periodically. I always come to the same (and correct) conclusion, but otherwise you're a pretty fun friend.
9. Too bad you can't be as nice as you were last spring. What a weird blip. I think my best friend just has a knack for bringing out the best in those that fall for her, even if in your case the effect was tragically temporary. Man, you sure are a prick nowadays though.
10. It really, really sucks that we can never have our friend back. He used to be alright, and we miss that guy.
11. To Seth Cohen : you are my soulmate, please don't be a fictional O.C. character anymore.
12. You are just plain bizarre. Which is the opposite of a yak.
13. You are doing an excellent job, keep up the good work there, tiger.
14. I'm glad I have met your acquaintance this year, you have quite the wit and are pretty nice to boot.
15. I saved you for last because of course you mean more to me than you can imagine. I met you two and a half years ago, and yoi have been changing my life ever since. I haven't been able to get you out of my head, nor have I wanted to. You've taught me that silly little lesson they sing about so much in moulin rouge, which really is the greatest thing you'll ever learn. I digress in yucky mushiness, however. What ever ends up happening in our futures, I know you will always, always be a part of my life. I wouldn't and couldn't have it any other way. I love you.

0 comments: