Thursday, March 27, 2008

Things I Love Thursday, 3/27

I am currently on Spring Break in Southern California, which is TOTALLY my happy place, so I love a lot this week!

1. The Beach. Being from Colorado, I couldn’t possibly be further from a beach, so today was the second time ive ever seen the ocean (thefirst being when I was 10) and it was a really beautiful experience for me. i need to get a beach imported to Denver!

2. My new A-line haircut! So cute I can’t wait to surprise everyone with it!

3. Fashion Island, the most gorgeous and incredible mall ive ever been to. It’s in Newport beach, ‘The OC’ territory. Coming from it is my EXTREMELY fashion forward new outfit from Urban outfitters which I love as well!

4. Disneyland rides. They are so extravagant and detailed it blows my mind! Nods go to Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carribean, and their amazing new Finding Nemo Submarine ride. And the fireworks and water projection shows nearly made me weep in delight!

5. Getting rejected from Claremont McKenna College, my first choice school. This sounds peculiar I know, but I think it is the universe speaking to me and putting me where I really belong. Going to Claremont McKenna would mean moving to Cali, and DU keeps me close to my amazing support system of friends and family I love so much. Plus, I love Denver itself! I could never leave it!

Honorable Mention: Pistachios. I tried them for the first time my first day in Cali, and they are officially my new favorite snack!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

while you're there, may i also suggest a date-shake. it's like a mix between a dq blizzard and a milkshake, with dates- delicious.