Monday, August 07, 2006

Los Conciertos



In this tiny, tiny picture, you will see the MOST AWESOME MOMENT EVER. In the larger, you will see 4 reflected. Oh man, you've gotta love the Fillmore. I have yet to be disappointed on an autograph quest at this venue. So for all of mis amigas who seem oh so skeptical that we shall succeed... you are quite silly! The concert itself was -quite- amazing, although due to my lack of sleep / fluids i was a spot ill. They made it SO worth it though. For all of you who, like me, skipped Transatlanticism (the song) halfway through because it is quite long, you must see it live. It makes so much sense live. So beautiful. Not to mention, all of the guys in Death Cab are every bit as nice as I had hoped. Brandon Urie, lead of Panic! at the Disco, was way rockstar and kinda like 'yes, i am fantastic, smolder in the presence of my beauty.' (which i really had no objection to, as the beauty to be smoldering in was quite plentiful.) But not Death Cab at all. Chris Walla was the nicest person ever to be in the position to sign autographs. I told him I loved his producing work with The Decemberists (quite true) and he goes 'yeah, I love working with them. I actually got the Master for the new album yesterday, It's really amazing, I'm excited.' oh em gee a lot. Oh, and Ben Gibbard totally got flustered by emma and i's beauty. Don't believe me? hehe... well, when he was signing I said 'I'm kayla,' and he replies 'hi ben I'm kayla,' to which i said 'what a coincidence, me too,' and then he corrected but HA! lol, good times. Good times that were only a few hours after... :




HARRY AND THE POTTERS!!!! lol, they were SOOOO hilarious. The opening band, Draco and the Malfoys, equally if not moreso hilarious, and it seems they may actually know how to play. I highly regret not buying the 'this guitar is a horcrux' tshirt, and even moreso the 'harry and the potters fight evil... and toothdecay' printed toothbrushes. But they shall be ordered, oh yes they shall. I want to wrap this up but just know:

ALL SHOWS = AMAZING.

3 comments:

ponynamedfrancis said...

oh so jealous! but i totally think we should make shirts that say "this cello is a horcrux" it would combine my two loves...hehe

titothegreat said...

oh, yeah, you know... ben gibbard said my name and whatknot... can i just say that that was basically the best night EVER?

Lauren said...

i'm jealoussssssss